Our mission is to provide students the necessary tools to expand their knowledge in finance at a professional level through education, philanthropy, and experience. We will do this by helping the members of our organization make the transition from students to professionals by providing them with a basic understanding of financial tools and topics.
Financial Management Association (FMA) is Oakland University's leader in developing and disseminating knowledge about financial decision making. FMA serves the Oakland finance community by:
- Promoting the development and understanding of applied research and sound financial practices.
- Facilitating interaction and relationships among those who share a common interest in finance.
- Encouraging and supporting quality financial education.
The objective of the organization is to ensure that our members:
- Obtain valuable information about their careers
- Develop professional insights and attitudes
- Gain experience in problem solving and decision making
- Increase professional contacts
- Improve social and interpersonal skills
- Gain skills in areas taught beyond their college degree